Would your Class 3 or 4 child be interested in taking part in 6 cross country runs over the next 6 months?
Read on for details and get yourself sign up for this school-funded competition.
The Gliddon and Squire Cross Country League is a monthly competition over the next six months for children in years 3&4 (under 9s) and 5&6 (under 11s).
There are a few of our families wanting to take part in the weekend running event and we’d love to support this by covering the entry costs through our additional Sport Grant. The children could then be part of a team and wear our Georgeham running vests.
Some details for you.
- Six meets through the Autumn and Winter.
23/9 Kinglsey School, THIS SUNDAY
14/10 Shebbear School,
4/11 Coxleigh Barton,
25/11 West Buckland,
3/2 West Buck for last race and prize giving.
- 9 am entry and registration.
- 10 am starts, with running times varying between 6 and 18 minutes long.
- Individual awards as well as team awards.
- Top 5 results count (three children per team).
- Courses are off road/cross country, and can be muddy.
- Open to all – from super athletes to beginner, have-a-go runners.
- The £8 per child for the whole season is covered by School’s Sports Funding.
We are really grateful for the support of Ali Smith who is willing to do some of the paperwork involved, and also to Ben Cox who, over the months, can offer some support, supervision and coaching too.
Please talk to these two parents (or Jo or myself) if you’d like to take up the opportunity.