We’re all back safely, exhausted but happy, with lots of special memories made before we all go off on our next adventure to “big school”.

To our parents: your children have been absolutely amazing and should be really, really proud of themselves. They attempted challenging tasks with a smile and determination, even when they were a bit scared. They encouraged each other beautifully and you could really see how much they care for each other. They were kind, polite and so friendly to everyone that they met. They kept their distance from the elderly on tubes (and were thanked), clapped and hummed along with the street performers (and got a sung “thank you”) and were praised by the staff in every single restaurant we visited. They were complete superstars and frankly we were amazed at how well they slept! Hopefully they are all fast asleep again by now.

I do feel that I should share a few of the variations of our theme song with you (based loosely on baby shark….)

Circle line do do do do do do
Piccadilly do do do do do do
On the train do do do do do do
My feet hurt do do do do do do
Are we there do do do do do do
No we’re not do do do do do do
Hurry up do do do do do do
Kensington do do do do do do
Museum do do do do do do
It’s lunch time do do do do do do
London eye do do do do do do
To the park do do do do do do
Breakfast time do do do do do do
On the bus do do do do do do
Bye bye lodge do do do do do do

Really, that’s just a few of them! We were rather scraping the barrel by the time we got to Barnstaple, with a rendition of “B&Q do do do do do do” and “please help me do do do do do do” (directed to Mr Thomas, who was trying to drive), being particular low points. Don’t even get me started on the ones where we tried to squidge an extra syllable in! Feeling slightly traumatised that at 9pm it’s still going around my head!

Here’s a few pictures of our favourite moments over the last week.

Year 6 parents: I will email you a link to a Google photo album tomorrow which has hundreds (literally – over 300!) of photos of your not-so-little ones (but still little enough to sing nursery rhymes the whole way up on the bus, which completely warmed our hearts and was absolutely adorable). Please do feel free to share the link with family & friends if you would like to! If any year 6 friends or family who are subscribed here would like to see, please email me (Miss Sobey) and I’ll ping the link over to you.

Time for bed do do do do do do…