Dear Parents and Carers
Thank you for bearing with us today while we have been organising ourselves ready for remote learning – we really appreciate your patience!
Here is a brief overview of what we will be offering all at home children:
Reception and KS1 – morning activities
– 9:30-10:00am online Google Meet for the register, introduction to today’s task and short activity – such as handwriting, phonics games or number activity.
Reception and KS1 – afternoon activities
– Three topic lessons per week.
In addition to the above, there is an expectation that your child should also be reading with you every day and doing physical activity (walk / run / bike ride / online class) at least twice a week
KS2 – morning activities
– 9-9:30am online Google Meet for the register and brief explanation of independent task (either Maths or English). After completion of this, the children should have a break before our next Meet.
– 11am Google Meet for a live lesson (this will be English or Maths – whichever was not the earlier task!).
KS2 – afternoon activities
– A link to the Duo Lingo website, where your child can spend one afternoon a week learning French.
– Two topic lessons per week.
– One science lesson per week.
In addition to the above, there is an expectation that your child should also be reading every day for at least 30 minutes and doing physical activity (walk / run / bike ride / online class) at least twice a week.
To access the Google Meets and work posts, your child will need to log on to Google Classroom (if you don’t know what this is, email your class teacher). Then go to the “Classwork” tab at the top of the screen. It is absolutely imperative that your child is on time to these meets; as we are also teaching in school, timings are extremely tight and we will not be able to repeat the input if your child is late.
Please contact us tonight if you anticipate having issues accessing the online work.
Obviously this is all trial and error, and these plans may have to be changed according to how smoothly it all runs – we will let you know if and when anything changes.
The Georgeham Team
Subscribe to our blogs