Dear Parents and Carers,

I write this, following the Prime Minister’s address to the nation about our country’s next steps and action plan.

He said, that as part of Step Two, which would happen  after half term (June 1st) at the earliest, Primary pupils may return in stages starting with Reception, Year One and Year 6 pupils.

I, like you, only heard about the Government’s plan from Boris Johnson’s address, and schools across the country now have many more questions to ask, rather than any answers.

Over the coming days, I will be waiting for clear guidance from the Department for Education as to how we can implement this in a safe manner.  Once we have received this, I will liaise with staff, governors, our Braunton Learning Cooperative as well as other Headteachers and also the Local Authority, to put together a plan making it clear how Georgeham will start our phased return. This may take a few days. Please be patient as we work towards a solution for staff, children and their families to return to school safely.

If you have any questions, or would like to speak to us, please get in touch.  Of course, if it’s about our planned return then we won’t have answers just yet.

Best wishes,

Julian Thomas